Friday, June 28, 2013

Welcome to your first lesson: the alphabet and the Pledge of Allegiance

Hello, everyone! As a former teacher and leader of an after school sign language club, I thought it would be helpful to offer free, daily sign language lessons for adults and/or children who are interested in learning sign language. I use a hybrid of ASL (American Sign Language) and SEE (Signed Exact English--used most often in school settings). I am not in any way an expert in sign language, but I am able to teach you hundreds of signs in the way that most of us learn best -- through natural use. I will teach you to sign along to songs, poems and rhymes, as well as teach the origin of many of the signs. My goal is to help you all have fun while you learn. Please send me comments, questions, and suggestions. Welcome! Let's get started! As a kindergarten teacher, I always introduced sign language by teaching the alphabet and the Pledge of Allegiance, so that's where we'll begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment