Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Welcome!!

Hi, everyone! My name is Jane Dews and I'm a former teacher and facilitator of an after school sign language club. Now that I'm no longer in the classroom, I wanted to have a place where students of all ages could go to learn sign language. By the time my kindergartners finished the school year, they knew hundreds of signs. They learned them through poems, rhymes, and songs, so that's the way I will present them to you on this blog. Many of my followers are teachers, so I want to make it easy for them to teach a little sign language to their class each day. I want this to be an interactive place, where teachers can ask questions, make suggestions for what they want to learn, and to share what their students are doing with regards to sign language. Let's get started! You must know the alphabet first since many signs are initialized, or use the beginning letter of the word as part of the sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment